YouTuber Hatinhand pays tribute to the films of 2011:
War horses and evil clowns. Hobos with shotguns and super-powered Nazi hunters. Cancer comedies and a silent warrior in a scorpion jacket. Iconoclasts, conspirators, madmen, and crusaders. And a badass David Tennant. What’s not to like? Something for everyone.
There are a few omissions in this year-end anthology. Missing films include:
– Abduction, because fuck that movie.
– Jack & Jill, because fuck that movie.
– Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chip-Wrecked, Mars Needs Moms, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, Bucky Larson, Atlas Shrugged: Part I, and I Don’t Know How She Does It, for similar reasons.
– Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, Glee: The 3D Concert Movie, and The Human Centipede 2, because I edited this in a public place and people would’ve looked at me funny.
– No Strings Attached, because the video had this weird green line at the bottom and I didn’t care for it.
– Win Win, The Sitter, and The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, because I found nothing visually striking in their trailers.
– Arthur Christmas, Jumping the Broom, Something Borrowed, and Gnomeo and Juliet, because I was struck by an incredible apathy towards all of them.